- World’s Youngest Swimmer Julie Sheldon, 9 Weeks Old, Swimming Underwater April 12, 2021
- Inside the Temple of Osiris at Dendera April 12, 2021
- Joan Crawford starred in at least two pornographic films before her days in Hollywood according to multiple biographies about the Hollywood star, who herself denied the rumors. April 11, 2021
- Elvis Presley poses with a fan after the Gator Bowl (1956). | Florida Memory April 11, 2021
- Calamity Jane – Wild Bill Hickocks Grave April 11, 2021
The newborn’s mother Lyndsey Fiddler, from Bartlesville, Oklahoma, put her daughter into the washing machine along with a pile of laundry.
This post has already been read 521 times!
The newborn's mother Lyndsey Fiddler, from Bartlesville, Oklahoma, put her daughter into the washing machine along with a pile of laundry.
Originally posted 2018-06-08 21:13:50.
This post has already been read 521 times!
- The Wallula Treasure In 1859, gold was discovered in Idaho, and Wallula was the jumping off point for miners headed to the gold fields. From Wallula they headed east (or returned) on Dorsey Baker’s Walla Walla and Columbia Line. It was also known as the Rawhide Railroad, because according to early travelers, the original rail lines were made of split wood, which Baker covered with rawhide to make the trains run smoother. According to legend, two men boarded the train’s one express car, and stole several pounds of gold bullion. They jumped off the train and went overland toward Wallula, to catch a riverboat to Portland. Unfortunately for the robbers, a posse dogged their trail for many miles, and captured the robbers just outside of Wallula. Before they wer caught, the robbers buried the gold. They hung the men before returning to Wallula, but never found the money.
- Woman Hollering Creek Located off of Interstate 10 in Seguin, between San Antonio and Houston, there is a creek that is said to be haunted by the spirit of a woman who drowned her two children there. Now it is said that she walks along the bank trying to find them. Many have claimed to hear her wails and some have even seen her. People are warned not to get too close to the creek or her hand will reach up from the water and pull you in.
Most Read Stories
- Skate Boarding California 1970s
(41,414 views)Skate Boarding...
- Grand Canyon National Park is perhaps one of the most famous parks in the world. With just under 5,000 square kilometers (1,930 mi2), the canyon is riddled with mysteries and folklore. One of the tribes that inhabited the canyon was the Hopi, comprised of elders, workers, and hunters. They thrived there, with some writers speculating that the tribe had built an underground citadel within the canyon.
- 1913, Rudolf Diesel, inventor of the engine that bears his name, disappears from the steamship Dresden while traveling from Antwerp, Belgium to Harwick, England. On October 10, a Belgian sailor aboard a North Sea steamer spotted a body floating in the water
(8,099 views)1913 Inventor Rudolf...
- Expulsion of Ethnic Germans after World War II (1945)
(7,139 views)Many scholars...
- December 1899 A double murder rocked the tiny town of Odessa, Buffalo County on the night of Dec. 4, 1899. Lillian Dinsmore was found dead in the kitchen of the house in which she and her charismatic husband Frank L. Dinsmore boarded. Fred Laue, the boarding house owner was shot in his bedroom.
(6,766 views)December 1899 A...
Search the BLOG
- World’s Youngest Swimmer Julie Sheldon, 9 Weeks Old, Swimming Underwater
- Inside the Temple of Osiris at Dendera
- Joan Crawford starred in at least two pornographic films before her days in Hollywood according to multiple biographies about the Hollywood star, who herself denied the rumors.
- Elvis Presley poses with a fan after the Gator Bowl (1956). | Florida Memory
- Calamity Jane – Wild Bill Hickocks Grave
- Steve and Charlie Utter at the grave of Wild Bill Hickok. Mount Moriah Cemetery, Deadwood, Dakota Territory, August 1876
- Deadwood, South Dakota
- American frontier and old west saloons
- The Sheriff, 1948. moonlightdriver: “ Duke Kahanamoku with the San Onofre Surf Club in Honolulu, Hawaii ”
- Nicholas II was the last tsar of Russia under Romanov rule. His poor handling of Bloody Sunday and Russia’s role in World War I led to his abdication and execution.