- While the mothers are working in the fields, the preschool children of migrant families are cared for in the nursery school under trained teachers, Kern migrant camp, California, 1936 – Dorothea Lange by luella January 23, 2021
- New York, New York 1939. Albert Einstein with his daughter on his lap at the opening of the Jewish Pavillion at the World’s Fair in Flushing Meadows in Queens. January 23, 2021
- Balboa Beach, CA 1947 January 23, 2021
- Mary Hughes and Kathy Kessler “Muscle Beach Party (1964) – 1960s summer style January 23, 2021
- EVELYN NESBIT – Known to millions before her 16th birthday in 1900, Evelyn was the most photographed woman of her era, an iconic figure who set the standard for female beauty. January 22, 2021
This post has already been read 1209 times!
She is also known as the sleeping beauty or the little girl in the glass coffin. I am discussing about Rosalia Lombardo, the best preserved mummy in the world. Rosalia Lombardo is indeed the last embalmed body admitted in the Capuchin catacombs of Palermo, also known as the capuchin crypt. I have already written a post about this famous Sicilian crypt and on that occasion I promised I would deepen the true story of Rosalia Lombardo. The latter was a Sicilian little girl born in 1918 and dead in 1920 of pneumonia, at just two years.
Originally posted 2017-12-17 07:26:04.
This post has already been read 1209 times!
- Marie Curie was a woman before her time. Born in 1867, in Poland, she was a genius in physics and in chemistry;
- Rose Hill Plantation was built in 1827 and the family lived, died and was buried right there on the property! Their ghosts are still said to roam the property in both the house itself and the on site cemetery.
Most Read Stories
- Skate Boarding California 1970s
(39,873 views)Skate Boarding...
- Grand Canyon National Park is perhaps one of the most famous parks in the world. With just under 5,000 square kilometers (1,930 mi2), the canyon is riddled with mysteries and folklore. One of the tribes that inhabited the canyon was the Hopi, comprised of elders, workers, and hunters. They thrived there, with some writers speculating that the tribe had built an underground citadel within the canyon.
- Expulsion of Ethnic Germans after World War II (1945)
(7,064 views)Many scholars...
- December 1899 A double murder rocked the tiny town of Odessa, Buffalo County on the night of Dec. 4, 1899. Lillian Dinsmore was found dead in the kitchen of the house in which she and her charismatic husband Frank L. Dinsmore boarded. Fred Laue, the boarding house owner was shot in his bedroom.
(6,661 views)December 1899 A...
- 1913, Rudolf Diesel, inventor of the engine that bears his name, disappears from the steamship Dresden while traveling from Antwerp, Belgium to Harwick, England. On October 10, a Belgian sailor aboard a North Sea steamer spotted a body floating in the water
(6,191 views)1913 Inventor Rudolf...
Search the BLOG
- While the mothers are working in the fields, the preschool children of migrant families are cared for in the nursery school under trained teachers, Kern migrant camp, California, 1936 – Dorothea Lange by luella
- New York, New York 1939. Albert Einstein with his daughter on his lap at the opening of the Jewish Pavillion at the World’s Fair in Flushing Meadows in Queens.
- Balboa Beach, CA 1947
- Mary Hughes and Kathy Kessler “Muscle Beach Party (1964) – 1960s summer style
- EVELYN NESBIT – Known to millions before her 16th birthday in 1900, Evelyn was the most photographed woman of her era, an iconic figure who set the standard for female beauty.
- Whitechapel, London, 1888 Because the area is close to the London Docklands and east of the city, it has been a popular place for immigrants and the working class.
- In 1880 New York City removed an average of 41 horse carcasses a day from its city streets. This picture, taken in the early 1900s
- GRAVE SLEEPERS The Celtic people had a ritual for contacting the ghosts of their ancestors.
- Reet Silvia Jurvetson, formerly known as “Sherry Doe” and officially as “Jane Doe 59” was a Canadian-American woman murdered in California in November 1969. Her body remained unidentified for forty-six years until a mortuary photograph was recognized by family friends. Members of the Manson family are suspected in her murder, along with an unidentified man she had traveled to meet.
- Spain, 1914-18, by Kurt Hielscher | Photo Tractatus