- Ghost Hunting Tips October 29, 2020
- Hans Holzer: The Original Ghost Hunter October 29, 2020
- How to know when your house is haunted 1. Does your home have cold spots October 29, 2020
- Q. What is DOP (disappearing object phenomenon)? October 29, 2020
- BLUE BELLE SALOON, GUTHRIE October 28, 2020
Lyudmila L. Katretchko Katretchko was last seen in Everett, Washington sometime in 2010 or 2011. She wasn’t reported missing until August 9, 2013. A few months after she vanished, she called her mother. She was crying during the conversation and said she was being held against her will at a house in Kent, Washington and that she was the only female there. She never contacted her family again. Katretchko’s loved ones believe she could have been the victim of human trafficking. Her case remains unsolved.
This post has already been read 498 times!
Lyudmila L. Katretchko – Katretchko was last seen in Everett, Washington sometime in 2010 or 2011. She wasn't reported missing until August 9, 2013.
A few months after she vanished, she called her mother. She was crying during the conversation and said she was being held against her will at a house in Kent, Washington and that she was the only female there. She never contacted her family again.
Katretchko's loved ones believe she could have been the victim of human trafficking. Her case remains unsolved.
Originally posted 2018-08-24 15:15:45.
This post has already been read 498 times!
- Francis was last seen in Santa Ana, California on April 9, 1979. He had gone to work that day with his father, Dennis, who delivered water tanks to businesses and private homes. After Dennis finished work, he left Charles at the corner of Chestnut Avenue and Lyon Street while he went to unload his truck. He didn’t want his boss to find out he’d taken Charles along with him, because children were not allowed to ride in the trucks. Dennis told his son to walk to an address in the 300 block of south Lyon Street and wait to be picked up. When Dennis went to the designated location ten minutes later, Charles was gone. His father searched the neighborhood for half an hour, then notified the police. Charles’s parents were fighting over custody of him at the time of his disappearance. His mother had legal custody, but he had lived with Dennis for most of his life. He and his father had traveled from Colorado to California three weeks beforehand, in order for Dennis to attend a custody hearing scheduled for April 26. Authorities looked into the possibility that one of the child’s parents was hiding him, but found no evidence to support this theory. Convicted child killer James Crummel is the prime suspect in Charles’s disappearance, as well as in the 1995 disappearance of 9-year-old Jack Phillips from Big Bear Lake, California. He was a violent serial sexual abuser a record of child molestation dating back to the 1960s. All but one of his known victims were boys in roughly the same age group as Charles and Jack. A photo of Crummel is posted with this case summary. In August 1967, he abducted a fourteen-year-old Wisconsin boy, molested him and beat him almost to death. He served five years of a thirty-year sentence for the crime. In 1983, he was convicted of the February 1967 murder of an Arizona boy and sentenced to life in prison, but the conviction was overturned in 1987 because of ineffective counsel. He ended up pleading guilty to kidnapping in the Arizona case and was released later that year. In 1997, Crummel was charged with the murder of a thirteen-year-old neighbor boy, James Wilfred “Jamey” Trotter. Jamey disappeared in 1979. In 1990, Crummel “discovered” the teen’s skull, but it wasn’t identified until 1996. After his murder arrest, investigators approached Crummel about Jack’s case and he offered to confess to Jack’s murder if prosecutors would not seek the death penalty for the Trotter murder. The deal was turned down and Crummel was convicted of Jamey Trotter’s murder in 2004 and sentenced to death. In June 2012, he committed suicide on death row by hanging himself with an electric cord. He didn’t leave a note. Charles is missing under suspicious circumstances and investigators believe he may have met with foul play. His case remains unsolved.
- Denise Marie Sheehy – Denise was last seen leaving her family’s residence at the Mets apartment complex in the 4800 block of 46th Street in the Woodside neighborhood of the New York City borough of Queens on July 7, 1970. This date happened to be her sister’s nineteenth birthday. Denise and her mother had argued at dinner because her mother thought Denise had been drinking alcohol. She left the house angrily and without taking any personal belongings. A neighbor saw her climb over a fence behind the building and leave the complex via an adjacent Mets building. She never returned home and has not been heard from again. Denise’s boyfriend was visiting relatives in Pennsylvania when she disappeared, but he came home to assist with the search. The police have ruled him out as a suspect in her case, and her family doesn’t think he was involved either. Denise’s father is dead, but her mother and sister are still alive and hope she will be located. She has never been declared legally dead. Her case remains unsolved.
Most Read Stories
- Skate Boarding California 1970s
(38,235 views)Skate Boarding...
- Grand Canyon National Park is perhaps one of the most famous parks in the world. With just under 5,000 square kilometers (1,930 mi2), the canyon is riddled with mysteries and folklore. One of the tribes that inhabited the canyon was the Hopi, comprised of elders, workers, and hunters. They thrived there, with some writers speculating that the tribe had built an underground citadel within the canyon.
- Expulsion of Ethnic Germans after World War II (1945)
(6,966 views)Many scholars...
- December 1899 A double murder rocked the tiny town of Odessa, Buffalo County on the night of Dec. 4, 1899. Lillian Dinsmore was found dead in the kitchen of the house in which she and her charismatic husband Frank L. Dinsmore boarded. Fred Laue, the boarding house owner was shot in his bedroom.
(6,532 views)December 1899 A...
- 1913, Rudolf Diesel, inventor of the engine that bears his name, disappears from the steamship Dresden while traveling from Antwerp, Belgium to Harwick, England. On October 10, a Belgian sailor aboard a North Sea steamer spotted a body floating in the water
(5,888 views)1913 Inventor Rudolf...
Search the BLOG
- Ghost Hunting Tips
- Hans Holzer: The Original Ghost Hunter
- How to know when your house is haunted 1. Does your home have cold spots
- Q. What is DOP (disappearing object phenomenon)?
- BLUE BELLE SALOON, GUTHRIE
- BLANCHARD CEMETERY, BLANCHARD
- Wahiawa Botanical Garden, Oahu, Hawaii is located in central Oahu in Hawaii. The Wahiawa Botanical Garden is 27 acres of beautiful native flora displays. The garden also features Hawaiian ferns, over 60 types of trees, and countless hiking trails for visitors to enjoy. The Garden originally started out as a park in the 1920s. In 1957, it officially opened as a botanical garden. Local legend has it that areas of the Wahiawa Botanical Garden are haunted by the Green Lady. Descriptions of the Green Lady vary. Some people claim she is covered in gross and green mold. Others claim she has jagged teeth, hair covered in seaweed, and fish-like scales that are green. There is one legend that if you cross a certain bridge by yourself in the botanical garden you will never return. The Green Lady is also said to have been seen at a local elementary school. Setting sights on the Green Lady is definitely up there with scariest of the scary Hawaiian legends we’ve come across!
- CAIN’S BALLROOM, TULSA Cain’s Ballroom has been a popular concert venue in Tulsa for many years,
- CHEROKEE STRIP MUSEUM, ALVA
- ird Creek School in Pawhuska is a one room schoolhouse which was built in the early 1900’s for Native American children