This post has already been read 1222 times!

In 2015, in the village of Kalachi, Kazakhstan, over 100 people were hit be a bizarre sleeping illness that baffled doctors and scientists. Suddenly, sufferers of the illness would fall into a coma-like sleep for days. When they awakened, they would be permanently changed. Many suffered from blinding headaches, dizziness, nausea, and memory loss. Between 2013 and 2015, many fell ill, with some even experiencing repeat attacks. It was believed to be some sort of radon or carbon monoxide poisoning, or even uranium toxicity from an old Soviet mine nearby.  

While authorities relocated some of the locals to a place outside of the danger zone, many refused to leave. Despite the toll that the heavy contamination could take on their lives, they wanted to stay in Kalach

This post has already been read 1222 times!

Originally posted 2017-12-27 03:02:57.