- Mary Hughes and Kathy Kessler “Muscle Beach Party (1964) – 1960s summer style January 23, 2021
- EVELYN NESBIT – Known to millions before her 16th birthday in 1900, Evelyn was the most photographed woman of her era, an iconic figure who set the standard for female beauty. January 22, 2021
- Whitechapel, London, 1888 Because the area is close to the London Docklands and east of the city, it has been a popular place for immigrants and the working class. January 22, 2021
- In 1880 New York City removed an average of 41 horse carcasses a day from its city streets. This picture, taken in the early 1900s January 22, 2021
- GRAVE SLEEPERS The Celtic people had a ritual for contacting the ghosts of their ancestors. January 22, 2021
French women who have been accused of having affairs with German soldiers
This post has already been read 1016 times!
French women who have been accused of having affairs with German soldiers are stripped down to their underwear, some with heads shaved, as part of their public humiliation. 1944
Originally posted 2017-12-12 18:41:27.
This post has already been read 1016 times!
- Guardians at the gateway ~ William Ricketts Sanctuary in the Dandenong
- HAUNTED BRIDGE, AVON, INDIANA – The Haunted Bridge in Avon, Indiana has multiple legends and stories attached to it. The Haunted Bridge is believed to have been built somewhere around 1906 although some say construction started as far back as the 1850s. One of the most famous stories associated with the bridge is that of construction worker, Henry Johnson. It is believed while working he fell into a vat of cement where he perished. Some stories suggest his co-workers heard him while others say his body was not discovered until the next day. Another story claims a young mother was on her way to take her infant to the doctor when she became trapped. Her only option was to jump off the bridge with her infant to save their lives. The woman survived but the child did not. The young mother eventually died a few weeks later. Visitors to the bridge claim to hear screaming and seeing what they believe is the ghost of the young mother walking around the bridge.
Most Read Stories
- Skate Boarding California 1970s
(39,852 views)Skate Boarding...
- Grand Canyon National Park is perhaps one of the most famous parks in the world. With just under 5,000 square kilometers (1,930 mi2), the canyon is riddled with mysteries and folklore. One of the tribes that inhabited the canyon was the Hopi, comprised of elders, workers, and hunters. They thrived there, with some writers speculating that the tribe had built an underground citadel within the canyon.
- Expulsion of Ethnic Germans after World War II (1945)
(7,062 views)Many scholars...
- December 1899 A double murder rocked the tiny town of Odessa, Buffalo County on the night of Dec. 4, 1899. Lillian Dinsmore was found dead in the kitchen of the house in which she and her charismatic husband Frank L. Dinsmore boarded. Fred Laue, the boarding house owner was shot in his bedroom.
(6,658 views)December 1899 A...
- 1913, Rudolf Diesel, inventor of the engine that bears his name, disappears from the steamship Dresden while traveling from Antwerp, Belgium to Harwick, England. On October 10, a Belgian sailor aboard a North Sea steamer spotted a body floating in the water
(6,191 views)1913 Inventor Rudolf...
Search the BLOG
- Mary Hughes and Kathy Kessler “Muscle Beach Party (1964) – 1960s summer style
- EVELYN NESBIT – Known to millions before her 16th birthday in 1900, Evelyn was the most photographed woman of her era, an iconic figure who set the standard for female beauty.
- Whitechapel, London, 1888 Because the area is close to the London Docklands and east of the city, it has been a popular place for immigrants and the working class.
- In 1880 New York City removed an average of 41 horse carcasses a day from its city streets. This picture, taken in the early 1900s
- GRAVE SLEEPERS The Celtic people had a ritual for contacting the ghosts of their ancestors.
- Reet Silvia Jurvetson, formerly known as “Sherry Doe” and officially as “Jane Doe 59” was a Canadian-American woman murdered in California in November 1969. Her body remained unidentified for forty-six years until a mortuary photograph was recognized by family friends. Members of the Manson family are suspected in her murder, along with an unidentified man she had traveled to meet.
- Spain, 1914-18, by Kurt Hielscher | Photo Tractatus
- Hope for Homeless. As Albert Einstein said, “The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”
- The 1975 murder of Sharron Prior: Sharron (16) disappeared on March 29, 1975 after leaving from her home around 715pm. She was going to meet some friends (including a boyfriend) at Marina’s Pizzeria. The restaurant is about five minutes by foot from her home. She never arrived. Sharron was found dead on April 1st, 1975
- Texan Cortney Clayton was abducted in September 2 1988 . 7 year old courtney went into a shop to buy coke .A man offered to pay when she was short but store person refused and said that Courtney was good for the money. Courtney went outside to wait for her older brother Ryan but when he came it was only the coke can that was there Courtneys decomposed body was found 50 miles away 6 months later