Dubuque, Iowa – Barn Community Theatre Company
Dubuque’s Grand Opera House was opened in 1890 and became a movie house in 1928. In 1986, the building was renovated and turned into a community theater. About that time, people started hearing weird voices and shuffling footsteps in the deserted building. Employees blamed the unseen spirits for hiding objects, changing lighting, and playing pranks. Then in 1991, apparitions started appearing in the back of the theater. Investigators later discovered that after the opera house became a movie theater, cleaning women called police several times complaining of strange voices in the building at night.