This post has already been read 56 times!

Disctric Of Columbia – Old Stone House Museum
Built in 1795 by Christopher Layman, this old farmhouse is haunted by eleven ghosts. The most active has been dubbed “George.” He haunts the third-floor bedroom and has a violent hatred of women. George has been accused of shoving, strangling, knifing, and even raping women who venture into his room. Residents and visitors to the house, which is now a museum, have reported encountering his malevolent presence several times. Another ghost here is a lady wearing a brown, 1700s-style dress. She is seen near the fireplace. The phantom of a young woman, with tight ringlets in her hair, has been seen running up and down the staircase. The apparition of a stout woman in an antebellum gown is seen on the staircase and in the kitchen. Also seen in the kitchen area is the ghost of a man wearing short pants with long stockings. A man with long, dark blond hair, wearing a blue jacket, once materialized near a front room window. The wraith of a small boy named “Joey” has been seen running up and down the third-floor hallway, and a little black boy has also appeared there. A German carpenter, thought to be the ghost of Christopher Layman, has been reported in the house. Many people observed a Colonial gentleman who partially materialized in the master bedroom. Another unidentified Colonial man has been seen on the second-floor. The upper floors of this house were used by families living on the property, while the lower floors were rented out to travelers. In the 1930s, the house became a bordello, and then it was used as an auto shop. The National Park Service acquired the property in 1950 and restored most of the building.

This post has already been read 56 times!