This post has already been read 134 times!

In years long passed, it was the habit to hold a deceased person's viewing and wake at home in the front parlor. During that time it was referred to as "the death room". The Ladies Home Journal in 1910 declared the "Death Room" as no more and henceforth the parlor would be known as the "Living Room".

This post has already been read 134 times!